The Cognitive Alpha™ Advisory Services
- Published: 17 May 2016
- Hits: 1813
PBR provides sophisticated assessments for asset managers of valuation risks of corporate managers and teams. This is provided at the level of the individual manager, management teams, portfolio segments and whole portfolios. These assessments provide information on valuation impact and valuation risk of the management and teams for the asset manager relative to his investment objectives.
The payoffs of our services are:
- True overall portfolio risk rating
- Expected Portfolio valuation
- Investment types at highest and lowest risk
- Companies at highest and lowest risk
- Valuations at highest and lowest risk
- Overall managerial risk rating
- True overall portfolio risk intensity
Our solutions are:
These solutions focus on individual managers such as CEOs, founders and other key people who individually have a highly significant impact on the company’s valuation potential and outcome. These solutions provide the following:
- Assess the manager’s financial signature and likely valuation and financial performance impact
- Assess the manager’s potential to meet the fund manager’s objectives from a corporate governance perspective
Individual Manager Risk Assessment
This product assesses single managers chosen by the client.
- Financial signature and valuation impact
- Corporate outcome of leadership style
- Corporate governance impact
Multiple Managers Risk Assessment
This product assesses multiple mangers each from their perspective as an individual using the same methodology as for individual managers. It can be used especially for M&A situations. It focuses on:
- Bench strength
- Ability to achieve financial objectives
Team Risk Assessments
This product takes into account team dynamics to assess the impact of the team, rather than just the individual members, to impact valuation outcome and corporate governance. This is a more sophisticated analysis.
- Team financial signature and valuation impact
- Team corporate outcome impact of leadership styles
- Team corporate governance impact
Part Portfolio Solutions
These focus on portfolio segments as defined by the client. These segments may be based on industry, type of investment, investment size, and fund objectives and so on. These solutions assess the segment risk of the component mangers and teams using the methodologies in individual managerial risk solutions by adding in composite risk assessments at the portfolio segment level.
Whole Portfolio Managerial Risk Solutions
This solution focuses on whole portfolio managerial risk solutions. This analysis makes recommendations on:
Portfolio Configuration Solutions
This is an investment strategy solution. Working within the client we assess the possible investment options and rate them according to managerial risk assessments, and rate the overall portfolio impact of various investment combinations.
Portfolio Managerial Alerts
This solution is a retainer service that keeps a watch on companies designated by clients to provide ongoing monitoring of managerial changes and the likely impact on financial performance and valuation outcome of these changes.
Buy and Sell Recommendations
This is a custom service to make recommendations for the client portfolio to provide ongoing research on companies to identify buy and sell points and to make recommendations as to the timing and manner of these actions.