Revolutionizing M&A with the Cognitive Alpha™ Approach
Perth has a unique approach to M&A which provides a new channel for value creation in these situations. This approach is based on our model of behavioral finance which
demonstrates that the financial styles of management teams and the financial cultures of the merging organizations are critical factors in the success or otherwise of the combination.
Using Cognitive Alpha™ in M&A
The Perth approach to M&A is applied to the following phases of M&A transactions:
- To support and refine acquisition strategy.
- To enhance the target screening process
- Identifying future valuation outcome & how to increase it.
- Designing the acquisition team to match target financial styles.
- Refining post-acquisition and absorption strategy.
M&A Integration Program
The Perth program is used for the following phases:
- Due diligence to identify the financial styles of the acquiring and target organizations.
- Development programs for senior management teams on both sides of the combination to make them aware of differences in financial styles, how it will impact the success of the combination and what to do to enhance the success of the transaction.
- Talent management programs based on financial style to select the best matching of executives and roles in the new combination to optimize combined financial and valuation performance.
Benefits of the Cognitive Alpha™ Approach
By using the Perth approach, an organization takes specific account of behavioral financial factors in the success of an acquisition, which are not usually formally
It increases the attractiveness of an acquirer through demonstrating sensitivity to cultural and behavioral issues.
It supports and enhances a creative strategy to minimize adverse stock impact from dilutive acquisition